Thursday 14 March 2013 By: Jan D

My wonderful Dogs

Since my teens, they has only been a short period of a few yeas that I haven't owned a dog. This was when we were having a family and bringing up babies!
I really can't imagine a home without a dog.
This post is about the three I have owned since my late teens.
The first one is Suzy. She was a mongrel, and such a wonderful companion. She lived with me when I lived with my parents, then came with me to live in my first flat when I lived alone. Then, eventually with me and Les when we first married. She was so gentle and and very clingy. She took well to my first son being born though, and was always very careful around him. She had to be put to sleep (old age) when my son was about 18 months old.

My second dog was Pepper. She was a Dalmador (Dalmatian/Lab cross). Her mum was a beautiful liver spotted Dalmatian, very elegant, who had been 'caught' by the neighbours Black Lab. We paid the princely sum of £25 for her! (The best investment we ever made as she was an adorable companion). We decided to get her when the youngest of our 3 kids had grown out of the baby stage (at about 3 years old). Pepper was the first puppy I had owned (I had 'adopted' Suzy from my sister when she was about 18 months old). With 3 young children to look after, I don't remember much about Pepper's puppy stage. She was such a well behaved dog all round, so loving and loyal. Pepper hated travelling, so she didn't get to come away with us when we went on holidays with the kids (a regret of mine). She was a real character and we all still miss her today!

Then came Ellie...............say no more! She is wonderful and makes our house a home again.
Here is a picture of my 3 beloved companions who have helped me and been there for me through the years  ♥






0 comments:

Post a Comment