Saturday 6 April 2013 By: Jan D

Days Are Getting Longer

Well, the clocks have sprung forward (would someone remind the weather?). It has been a little warmer over the last couple of days (as opposed to freezing). Ellie has been on a lovely walk with Max today (her favourite day for walks). Here are some snaps he took:













I have been giving her a 2 mile on-lead walk daily during the week, with Les taking her out for half an hour in the evenings. She is still bad on the lead, and pulls like a train. We seem to be getting nowhere fast with that problem! 
I have been thinking about the prospect of having 2 dogs over the last few months. As I have said, my dream would be to have another Dally. But,over the last few weeks, I have had second thoughts on the matter. There are 2 reasons for this: 1: The shedding! Dalmatians shed daily and seem to have 2 big sheds a year. Ellie is having her spring shed, and, oh my word! I am forever hoovering/brushing her. When people tell you about Dallies shedding believe it. 2: Uber greediness! We can't have any food without her going totally nuts! If she isn't locked in her crate she barks and barks. She counter surfs and scavenges on a daily basis. She is totally food obsessed
Both of these things are easy to control with one Dally, but 2? I don't think so. Plus, Ellie is so special to us, that I don't think I could love another Dally as much as her. she is just so  precious . My youngest son had been ill the other week, Ellie just 'knew' and wanted to take care of him:


She is totally adorable! I would like a friend for her, I think she would love it. So, if we decide on the 2 dog option.......watch this space!










0 comments:

Post a Comment