Wednesday 26 June 2013 By: Jan D

Home Alone

We have a busy few days this week as we have a convention this weekend (3 days).
Ellie will be spending most of the day alone (though Hubby will visit at lunchtimes). She has really settled down the last few weeks. Leaving her alone isn't really a problem a she behaves herself and just tends to sleep. 
We (sadly) have decided to leave her at home when we go to Kelso Bike Festival. I think it will be far too noisy for her first 'real' camping experience (in a tent). She will be well looked after at home I'm sure, but I will be sad leaving her, even though it's just for a couple of nights.
My youngest starts an extended summer holiday this week (starts sixth form in September), so he will be taking Ellie on her daily walks for a while. She's still not very good on lead (getting better), and still loves the odd poo or two (which turns you stomach), it's the one thing he hates about walking her. I can't say I blame him!
Ellie is 18 months old today. The breeder where we got her from has just had another littler by her brother. I really have to stop watching the videos of the pups online as Les says no more Dallies in this house (he wants a different breed if we do get another). That's not to say he doesn't love Ellie! He totally adores her, and she does him.
As I say, she is settling down a bit more lately. She is still a real scrounger when it comes to food though:



Here is Ellie and me chilling out yesterday :


My youngest did a drawing of one of Ellie's photos for his Art exam, I was thrilled with the result :


It is huge though, so I don't think I will be able to frame it.

Ellie still hasn't come into heat yet, but she is showing the signs of starting (the joys!). We seriously need to make a decision soon about getting her spayed. Will keep you posted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment